Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Should I use Wordpress or Joomla?

Hi

I want to rebuild a website and move its content onto a CMS. Site is currently hand-coded.

I know Joomla is more sophisticated and I think Wordpress is simpler to use. But I don't know which one is the best for me.

The goal is to develop, extend the site (which is a blog-like site) and add more complex features to it, to modify the design/layout/template and I also need the best security (against hacking).

So: should I choose Joomla or Wordpress? And why?

Thank you in advance! Big Grin

NATA DelhiArchitecture Aptitude Exam

I prefer WordPress, as Ease of use is a strong point of WordPress and one of the main reason for its success. Setup is quick and easy and called the 5-minute install for a reason.

Book Ad in Times of India | Newspaper Ad Agency in Delhi

Both the CMS's are best for blogging and content publishing. You can opt for anyone but as per my opinion, WordPress is best than Joomla and it fits well with any platform. Technical wise, WordPress is easy to operate and offers many functions than Joomla. So, I give the node to WordPress.

MilesWeb - Your Hosting, Our Responsibility!!!
Best Windows VPS Host | Wordpress Hosting Provider

My suggestion is WordPress is better.

(2018-07-14, 05:18:57)Clarke Wrote:  Hi

I want to rebuild a website and move its content onto a CMS. Site is currently hand-coded.

I know Joomla is more sophisticated and I think Wordpress is simpler to use. But I don't know which one is the best for me.

The goal is to develop, extend the site (which is a blog-like site) and add more complex features to it, to modify the design/layout/template and I also need the best security (against hacking).

So: should I choose Joomla or Wordpress? And why?

Thank you in advance! Big Grin

NATA DelhiArchitecture Aptitude Exam

Wordpress and Joomla are both content management system (CMS) which are written in the same language, they are both free and are both good but surely there most be a better one which I will say is up to individuals to decide.

Many people would say WordPress is the best for blogging which I would agree to based on their defaults but Joomla has lost of powerful extension of for blogging which are far better than Wordpress. Some of these extensions are not free anyways.

When it's come to real Job you had better stay with Joomla (my opinion) because with Joomla you have nearly no limitation to what kind of website you can build ranging from blog, e-commerce, downloads, social networks, forums, chats, mailing (am not talking about email service providers), quizzes... and the list just keep going on and on.

Joomla, some may say it's more difficult (maybe that's correct) but I would rather say it's flexible as it allows you to change all it defaults which gives you full control over your entire website. The hard way sometime is usually the better.

So dear its up to you, if you want to do soming very simple and extrimly fast Wordpress might be your best bet else go for Joomla.
Best of luck...